Roots Property Management serves the Southern Vermont area by providing top quality residential and commercial property management. We best serve Southern Vermont because we know Southern Vermont. With over ten years experience owning and managing rental properties in Vermont and New York City, I understand the subtleties of both the Vermont housing market and needs of the property ownership business.
We cater to the specific needs of our property owners, from managing all aspects of the rental property, to simply securing and screening tenants. Here is a list of some of the services that we are able to provide:
- Securing the best rates for all your expenses, including fuel and trades people
- Finding & screening appropriate tenants
- Signing in tenants, including providing and signing leases
- We know the rental market so we are able to optimize your rent roles
- Rent collection, pursuing all late payments
- Checking out tenants at the end of tenancy and returning security deposit
- Turning over apartments, preparing them for the next tenant
- Overseeing and managing renovations
- Both preventative and regular repairs and maintenance
- In the rare instance that eviction becomes necessary, we handle the process from beginning to end
- We are all versed in the laws governing rental properties in Vermont and are certified to provide EMP affidavits required by the State
We are members of the Vermont Apartment Owners Association and a local Brattleboro Landlord Group, which helps us to stay abreast of the issues facing property owners in the area. The relationships that we have fostered with both trades people and businesses in the area will allow us to provide you with the highest level of services at the best possible prices.
One of our guiding principles at Roots Property Management is to promote sustainable and environmentally responsible business practices whenever appropriate. The property management aspect of our business incorporates these ideals by keeping abreast of all current energy efficiency measures, recommending energy saving techniques that save our owners money, and using environmentally sensitive office products.